With 695 participants from 29 countries, the awards received an overwhelming response last year which showed that successful product innovation provides an ideal opportunity for communication and networking. The 2020 German Innovation Awards will be granted in two classes: in the „Excellence in Business to Consumer“ and „Excellence in Business to Business“ categories. All projects can also be registered under the overarching category called „Design Thinking“. Eligible projects are those that strive for innovation through more agile innovation methods such as design thinking, scrum, lean start-up or sprinting.
The awards ceremony will take place on 26 May 2020 at the German Museum of Technology (Deutsches Technikmuseum) in Berlin.
Further information on the awards and categories:
The most important information at a glance:
- Early bird registration deadline: 6 December 2019
- Registration deadline: 31 January 2020
- Jury session: 12 February 2020
- Awards ceremony: 26 May 2020, German Museum of Technology, Berlin
- Chairman: Andrej Kupetz, CEO German Design Council, Frankfurt am Main
- Lutz Dietzold, Managing Director German Design Council; Executive Director German Design Museum Foundation, Frankfurt am Main
- Silvia Olp, Head of Communications Phoenix Design, Stuttgart/Munich/Shanghai
- Lars Quadejacob, Chief Curator Terrestrial Transport Collection, Stiftung Deutsches Technikmuseum, Berlin
- Dr.-Ing. Katrin Stark, Consultant for Strategy, Innovation and Financial Advisory, Frankfurt am Main
- Prof. Dr. Alexander J. Wurzer, Managing Partner WURZER & KOLLEGEN GmbH, Munich; Adjunct Professor at the Centre for International Intellectual Property Studies (CEIPI), Intellectual Property Law and Management, University of Strasbourg
German Design Council
The German Design Council is one of the world’s leading centres of expertise in communication and knowledge transfer within the design and branding sectors. Currently, more than 300 companies belong to its foundation. The German Design Council was founded in 1953 on the initiative of the German Federal Parliament to support and enhance the design expertise of German industry. It pursues a wide range of activities with a single goal: to promote awareness of how to increase brand value on a sustained basis via the strategic use of design.
German Design Council
Phone: +49 (0) 69 24 74 48 699
Fax: +49 (0) 69 24 74 48 700