The German Innovation Awards honour products and solutions that distinguish themselves primarily by their user centricity and added value compared to earlier solutions across all industrial sectors – because innovations that shape the future and improve our lives come from all industries. Sometimes you recognise them at first glance – but often this is not the case. The German Innovation Awards intend to change that. The competition makes outstanding achievements visible to a wide audience and ensures successful positioning in the market.
Are you interested in participating next year? Please make a note here!
- As a nominee you are free to use the official Nominee label for your communication and the promotion of the nominated project.
- You receive two personalized nominee certificates
- Marketing Services
- As nominee you can order various products from our Marketing Services, such as acrylic glass certificates and cuboids
- Text modules
- You get boilerplates that you can use for your own communication.
- Show your success: With unlimited use of the official Gold, Winner or Special Mention label, you receive an excellent seal of quality for your innovation performance, issued by an independent jury.
- You will receive two certificates of the German Innovation Award, which you can use to highlight your award.
- Marketing Services
- Exclusive marketing articles can be ordered for a fee from our Marketing Services.
- All winners will be presented in our catalogue. Gold winners will receive a 2-page, Winner and Special Mention winners a 1-page presentation. In addition, a specimen copy of the catalogue will be sent to each entrant by post after the award ceremony.
- Online Gallery
- More reach for your innovation: All winners will be presented with text and pictures in our online gallery. In addition, we link to your company website, which increases your visibility and traffic.
- Text modules
- You get text modules that you can use for your communication.
- Press work
- Good communication is a basis for sustainable success. Through our accompanying press work and tailor-made media cooperations, your project will have an extensive media presence. You benefit from our far-reaching communication via our extensive media distribution lists and social networks.
- Social Media
- All news about the competition will be published via the social media channels of the German Design Council with excellent images and can therefore be further shared to generate valuable back links and attention.
- Awards ceremony
- The festive awards ceremony in Berlin forms the atmospheric highlight of the competition and invites to cross-industry networking.
- Photo wall
- It is possible to receive the winning certificates in a picture frame and have them professionally photographed. The photos can be downloaded from our website.
- Price sculpture
- Gold prize winners receive a high-quality prize sculpture. These will be presented exclusively on stage during the awards ceremony.
The winners of the German Innovation Awards were honoured for the second time at a festive gala at the German Museum of Technology in Berlin on 28 May 2019. More than 350 invited guests from industry, politics and the media attended the ceremony.
Photos: Martin Diepold | Grand Visions
Film: Oliver Hardt | signaturefilms
The catalogue of the German Innovation Awards will be published to coincide with the awards ceremony.
It is a colourful, bound, hardcover volume with photos and brief descriptions of the various projects and the contact details of the participants.
Established by the German Bundestag and with a foundation endowed by members of German industry, the German Design Council works to promote the competitiveness of companies. Since 1953 the competitions organised by the German Design Council honour achievements in design, branding and innovation on an international level. Design, brand and innovation: this perfect triad is essential to equip companies for the tough competition in the wake of Industry 4.0 and digitalisation, because each of these has an impact on the others.